Clean Diesel State Allocations
EPA allocates DERA funds to eligible U.S. states and territories for the establishment of clean diesel grant, rebate and loan programs.
Of the state portion of the funding, two-thirds is provided to participating states and territories as base funding. The remaining third is allocated as an incentive to those states and territories that voluntarily provide a match equal to the base funding.
|Description of Tasks||Date|
|Release of Notice of Intent to Participate (NOIP) and Notice of Intent to Continue (NOIC) forms||Thursday, April 19, 2018|
|Deadline for states and territories to submit Notice of Intent forms to CleanDiesel@epa.gov||Monday, April 30, 2018|
|States and territories will be notified of final allocation amounts via email||Monday, May 7, 2018|
|Deadline for states and territories to submit work plan and budget narrative to their EPA Region for review||Monday, June 4, 2018|
|Deadline for states and territories to submit application on Grants.gov||Monday, June 25, 2018|
|Project period for FY 2018 awards begins. Regional offices will finalize the FY 2018 Program awards prior to October 1, 2018||Monday, October 1, 2018|
- 2018 State Clean Diesel Fact Sheet (PDF)(2 pp, 275 K, April 2018, About PDF)
- 2017-2018 State Clean Diesel Program Guide (PDF)(34 pp, 320 K, April 2018, About PDF)
- 2018 Notice of Intent to Continue (WORD)(4 pp, 441 K, April 2018) Free Viewer
- 2018 Notice of Intent to Participate (WORD)(4 pp, 441 K, April 2018) Free Viewer
- 2018 Work Plan Narrative Template (WORD)(7 pp, 438 K, May 2018) Free Viewer
- 2018 State Budget Examples (PDF) (4 pp, 200 K, April, 2018, About PDF)
- 2018 National Priority Area List (PDF)(11 pp, 200 K, March 2018, About PDF)
- 2017 State Clean Diesel (Diesel Emissions Reduction Act) Program Programmatic Terms and Conditions
- EPA General Grant Terms and Conditions
EPA hosted a webinar on April 26th introducing the 2018 State DERA Grant Program.
2018 DERA State Clean Diesel Grant Overview Webinar Slides (PDF) (41 pp, 400 K, April 26, 2018, About PDF)
Participating states and territories must submit a complete application package electronically to EPA through www.grants.gov after they have received their final allocation amount and have had their work plan approved by their EPA Region Project Officer. See Section VII of the 2017-2018 State Clean Diesel Grant Program Information Guide for full application content and submission instructions.
States and territories may use their allocations to fund grant, rebate, and loan programs for clean diesel projects that use:
- EPA verified retrofit technologies or certified engine configurations
- California Air Resources Board (CARB) Exit verified retrofit technologies or certified engine configurations
- Idle-reduction technologies that are EPA verified
- Aerodynamic technologies and low rolling resistance tires that are EPA verified
- Early engine, vehicle, or equipment replacements with certified engine configurations
State Allocation Quarterly Reporting Template FY17-FY18 (Excel)(1 MB,
Template for FY17-FY18 final report will be posted here soon