Climate Change at EPA
The earth’s climate is changing, and the evidence is all around us. Temperatures are rising, more extreme weather events are occurring, and other changes are taking place in the atmosphere, within the oceans, and on the land. Not only is climate change happening now, it is already affecting people’s health and well-being as well as wildlife and the natural environment.
EPA’s Climate Change Website Mission
Understanding and addressing climate change is critical to EPA's mission of protecting human health and the environment. This website serves as a resource to help individuals, businesses, communities, and state, local, and tribal governments access timely and accurate information about this important issue.
Our objectives are to:
- Present science-based, trustworthy, factual information about why the climate is changing and how it is affecting people and the environment.
- Make information about climate change transparent, accessible, meaningful, and actionable.
- Provide resources and tools to help reduce the impacts of climate change, including lessening the burdens on underserved communities and vulnerable populations.
- Share resources about research, programs, and policy to inform decision-making at national, state, local, and tribal levels.
- Enhance capacity domestically and internationally to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions, build resiliency, and adapt to a changing climate.
- Promote clarity, transparency, and public engagement in EPA actions to address climate change.