This document was designed to provide organizations with a regularly updated and easy-to-use set of default emission factors for organizational greenhouse gas reporting. The document includes updated emission factors collated from both EPA's Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program and the Center's technical guidance. The most recent version of the Emission Factors Hub (March 2020) includes updates to emission factors for onsite, mobile combustion, and other factors derived from the US GHG Inventory; business travel and product transport; and purchased electricity from EPA's Emissions & Generation Resource Integrated Database (eGRID). It also includes new emission factors for waste from onsite generation and use of sold products. Guidance on the use of EPA’s Emission Factors Hub’s waste emission factors versus the Waste Reduction Model (WARM) is also available.
Download as an Excel file: GHG Emission Factors Hub(553 K, March 2020)You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- GHG Emission Factors Hub (PDF)(6 pp, 145 K, March 2020)
- Use of EPA’s Emission Factors Hub’s Waste Emission Factors vs. the Waste Reduction Model (WARM): Guidance for Organizations (PDF)(4 pp, 260 K, March 2020)
- ARCHIVED 2018 GHG Emission Factors Hub (PDF)(5 pp, 363 K, March 2018)
- ARCHIVED 2015 GHG Emission Factors Hub (PDF)(5 pp, 1 MB, November 2015, v2)
- ARCHIVED 2014 GHG Emission Factors Hub (PDF)(5 pp, 145 K, April 2014)
- ARCHIVED 2011 GHG Emission Factors Hub (PDF)(6 pp, 238 K, November 2011)