Worker Protection Standard Inspection Manual
The purpose of this Manual is to provide useful information to inspectors on how to conduct thorough and nationally consistent agricultural inspections under EPA’s Worker Protection Standard (WPS) that are also in conformance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and the Rehabilitation Act. This Manual highlights the focus areas for agricultural WPS inspections and provides useful information about how to involve individuals with limited English proficiency (LEP) or disabilities in the inspection process.
The WPS Inspection Manual is an inspection support tool provided by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), for use by EPA regions, states and tribes conducting federal inspections under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and is a supplement to the EPA FIFRA Inspection Manual released in 2013. States and tribes may also conduct inspections under their own authority and credentials. The manual was issued in January 2017 and superseded the EPA WPS Agricultural Inspection Guidance released in February 2012. This document was updated and released in August 2018 to incorporate the compliance date for inclusion of revised worker and handler safety training content of no later than December 19, 2018 (page 20) and to include reformatted inspection checklists (pages 80-99).
- U.S. EPA Worker Protection Standard Inspection Manual (pdf)
- Worker Protection Standard Inspection Manual (Chapters 1-4) (pdf)
- Worker Protection Standard Inspection Manual (Chapters 5-6) (pdf)
- Worker Protection Standard Inspection Manual (Appendices) (pdf)
- Worker Protection Standard Inspection Checklists (pdf)
- Worker Protection Standard Inspection Checklists (Fillable) (pdf)