EPA Newsletter and Collaboration and Outreach on HABs
EPA Freshwater HABs Newsletters
The newsletter delivers the latest information on HABs including news, upcoming events, conferences, and webinars, useful resources, beach closures and health advisories, and recently published journal articles.
To sign up for the newsletter, please send an email (EPACyanoHABs@epa.gov).
Access to upcoming and past webinars on HABs.
- Occurrence and Effects of HABs on Fish and Shellfish, March 22, 2022
- Webinar: U.S. EPA’s Tools for Managing CyanoHABs in Drinking and Recreational Waters, July 29, 2021
- Managing Harmful Algal Blooms in Tribal Waters Webinar Series, March 10th, 16th and 18th, 2021
- USEPA’s Harmful Algal Blooms Regional Workshops Summary Report, February 25, 2021
Benthic HABs Discussion Group
The mission of this international collaborative is to accelerate mutual understanding of benthic HABs in rivers and lake systems, by sharing data and monitoring protocols, experiences and lessons learned.
Calendar of Webinars:
- Upcoming Webinar: Use of Remote Sensing Technologies to Monitor for Benthic Algae - June 1, 2022, 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm PDT
- Webinar Registration
- Use of Drones in Freshwater Science and their application for Aerial Monitoring of Benthic Toxic Cyanobacteria cover, Dr. Hamish Biggs
- Use of Airborne and Satellite Based Imagery to Map Benthic Algae and distinguish amongst taxa on the Buffalo National River, Dr. Carl J. Legleiter
- Benthic HABs Discussion February 8, 2022
Benthic HAB Workgroup Facilitators – Contact us to join the workgroup or to be a presenter!
|Eric Zimdars||U.S. Army Corps of Engineers||Phone: 206-764-3506
|Margaret Spoo-Chupka||Metropolitan Water District of Southern CA||Phone: 909-392-5127
|Keith Bouma-Gregson||U.S. Geological Survey||Phone: 510-230-3691
|Janice Alers-Garcia||US EPA, Washington, DC||Phone: 202-566-0756
* Disclaimer: The information presented in the Benthic HABs Discussion Group Webinars does not constitute an official endorsement by the U.S. government.