EPA Application Development/Hosting Environments
Enterprise Hosting Platforms
EPA offers cloud-based and on-premises hosting services through its Working Capital Fund. These include the following:
- Cloud Hosting
- AWS Cloud - EPA’s AWS Enterprise Cloud Hosting Service provides an approved Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service environment that makes it easy to deploy web applications.
- Azure Cloud - EPA’s Azure Enterprise Cloud Hosting Service provides an Infrastructure-as-a-Service environment that makes it easy to deploy web applications.
- Cloud.gov - EPA offers cloud.gov, a shared Platform-as-a-Service managed by the General Services Administration, that facilitates application deployment without the investment of building a cloud environment.
- On-Premises Hosting:
- National Computer Center - EPA's NCC in Research Triangle Park also offers a variety of on-premises web application hosting options to all EPA offices, regions, and labs.
Determining the appropriate hosting option is the responsibility of the federal project lead. To explore these options, the federal project lead will visit the Office of Mission Support's Enterprise Hosting Division’s Intranet site and submit a hosting request form.
In addition to the application hosting environments above, EPA also has specific environments built for data hosting, data transfer, and data visualization. The platforms below are built for specific data types and applications that use these data types should consider these platforms first.
- Data Management and Analytics Platform - The DMAP is EPA’s big data management, analytics and machine learning platform. Hosted on AWS, it offers data hosting services through Data Commons and analytics tools like Qlik Sense and more.
- Central Data Exchange – CDX is the primary tool EPA uses to collect regulatory data from a variety of sources for environmental reporting. Those data are regulated by the Cross-Media Electronic Reporting Regulation, or CROMERR.
- Geospatial Program - EPA’s Geospatial Program offers a variety of geospatial resources for GIS application and data hosting and for analysis and visualization of geospatial data. Refer to EPA’s Geospatial Policies and Standards page for more information.
- Esri ArcGIS
- EPA GeoPlatform Online