EPA Application Development/Hosting Environments
EPA offers cloud-based and on-premises hosting services through its Working Capital Fund (WCF). These include the following:
- Cloud Hosting
- AWS Cloud - EPA’s AWS Enterprise Hosting Cloud Service (AWS ECHS) provides an approved Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environment that makes it easy to deploy web applications.
- Azure Cloud - EPA’s Azure Enterprise Hosting Cloud Service (Azure CHS) provides an approved Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) environment that makes it easy to deploy web applications.
- Cloud.gov - EPA offers cloud.gov, an authorized Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environment that facilitates application deployment without the investment of building a cloud environment. It's operated by the General Services Administration (GSA) for EPA.
- On-Premises Hosting:
- National Computer Center (NCC) - EPA's National Computer Center (NCC) in Research Triangle Park, NC also offers a variety of on-premises web application hosting options to all EPA offices, regions, and labs through EPA's Working Capital Fund.
Determining the appropriate hosting option is the responsibility of the federal project lead. To explore these options, the federal project lead will visit the Office of Mission Support (OMS) Enterprise Hosting Division’s (EHD) Intranet site and submit a Hosting Request Form.
In addition to the application hosting environments above, EPA also has specific environments built for data hosting, data transfer, and data visualization. The platforms below are built for specific data types and applications that use these data types should consider these platforms first. EPA’s Office of Mission Support (OMS) Office of Information Management (OIM) supports these platforms.
- Data Management and Analytics Platform - The Data Management and Analytics Platform (DMAP) is EPA’s big data management, analytics and machine learning platform. Hosted on AWS, it offers data hosting services and access to:
- Data Commons
- Analytics Platform
- Qlik Sense
- Central Data Exchange (CDX) – CDX, hosted in Azure, is the primary tool EPA uses to collect and share data from a variety of sources for environmental reporting to support EPA’s Cross-Media Electronic Reporting Regulation (CROMERR).
- Geospatial Program - EPA’s Geospatial Program offers a variety of geospatial resources for GIS application and data hosting and for analysis and visualization of geospatial data. Refer to EPA’s Geospatial Policies and Standards page for more information.
- Esri ArcGIS
- EPA GeoPlatform Online