How to Participate: Testing the Hazardous Waste Electronic Manifest System System (e-Manifest)
Watch the System Demo
Although e-Manifest launched on June 30, 2018, to electronically track shipments of hazardous waste, EPA will continue to develop and refine the system over time. Therefore, EPA seeks participants to provide user-experience feedback on new system functionality as it is developed.
To participate, users must first set up a test account before testing the user interface inside of the RCRAInfo Industry Application test environment, and providing feedback.
On This Page:
Steps in the user registration process:
- Visit RCRAInfo
- Click the “Register” link
- Click the "Continue to Industry User Registration" button
- Fill out Title and Name and click the "Next" button
- Create your username, password, and password retrieval questions
- Review and agree to the Terms and Conditions, and click the "Next" button
- Fill out the information for your Organization (not necessarily your site), Job title, phone and email address
- Click the "Send Verification Code via Email" button
- After entering the verification code from your email click the "Register" button and you will be taken to the My Sites page to register your handler(s)
Steps in the handler registration process:
Please register to use one of our test sites:
- VAD000532119, "TEST TSDF OF VA", Virginia 22202 - (Generator and TSDF)
- VA988177803, "HEATING AND OIL", Virginia 22033- (Generator Only)
- VATEST000001, "TEST TRANSPORTER 1 OF VA", Virginia 22202 (Generator or Transporter)
- VATEST000002, "TEST TRANSPORTER 2 OF VA", Virginia 22202 (Generator or Transporter)
- VATEST000003, "TEST TSDF OF VA TWO", Virginia 22202 (Generator and TSDF, test site can be used for testing web services.)
VATEST000004, "TEST GENERATOR OF VA", Virginia 22202 (Generator Only)
- On the My Sites page click on the “Add Existing Site” button and search for your EPA ID number in the Site ID box or a test site and then select that facility. (For example; VA000532119)
- Request a role for the site. The 'Site Manager' Role will allow you to test both signing manifests and the e-Manifest web services.
- After you submit your request, the request will go to your state administrator. Please understand this is not an instant access process and the state will need to manually activate your request during normal business hours. EPA is continuing to work on the concept of a Site Manager which will allow users to manage their own users
- Once you have completed this registration you may use either CDX or RCRAInfo to log on to the application
Illustrations of this process can be found in the How to Register for e-Manifest file on the project's GitHub site Exit.
Please send all feedback, questions, and requests for assistance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specifically, EPA is looking for feedback on the system's usability and on the business rules presented in the mock-up screens. EPA will review all submitted feedback.