Effluent Guidelines Plan
- Effluent Guidelines Program Plan (May 2, 2018)
- Planning Process
- Participate in the Effluent Guidelines Planning Process
- Additional Information
Restore and maintain the chemical, physical, and biological integrity of the nation’s waters; and
Provide transparent decision making and involve stakeholders early and often during the planning process.
EPA considers four main factors when prioritizing existing ELGs for possible revision:
- The performance of applicable and demonstrated wastewater treatment technologies, process changes, and pollution prevention strategies to reduce pollutants in an industrial category’s wastewater;
- The costs (economic achievability) of demonstrated wastewater treatment technologies, process changes, and pollution prevention alternatives;
- The amount and types of pollutants in an industrial category’s discharge; and
- The opportunity to promote technological innovation or to eliminate inefficiencies or impediments to pollution prevention.
- Read the current Effluent Guidelines Plan
- Get Involved
- Contact EPA about an industry
- Learn about industrial discharges in your area
- Review the plans and support documents
- Submit comments
- Past Effluent Guidelines Plans
For additional information, please contact Phillip Flanders (firstname.lastname@example.org), Project Manager, at 202-566-8323.