Region 10 Seattle Office Environmental Policy
EPA Region 10 is committed to acting in an environmentally, economically and fiscally sound, responsible manner. We believe it is incumbent upon us to reach a higher standard of environmental excellence and “walk-the-talk” toward a more sustainable future. Region 10 will serve as a public example, fostering an understanding of the relationships among the natural and man-made environments, economics, and society as a whole.
To accomplish this, the managers and staff of the EPA Region 10 Seattle office, in partnership with our contractors and building owners, commit to:
- Implement an Environmental Management System (EMS), using this as the primary approach for addressing environmental aspects within our operations/services;
- Promote pollution prevention within the Region and its facilities;
- Lead by example by reducing our carbon footprint;
- Measure our progress towards our environmental goals;
- Comply with all applicable compliance obligations, including environmental and regulatory requirements, Executive Orders, and local requirements;
- Continually improve our environmental performance;
- Educate our employees regarding our environmental goals;
- Strive for more environmentally, economically and socially sustainable practices in our regional operations; and
- Share our performance with the public.