Region 7 Environmental Management System
The EPA Region 7 Environmental Policy recognizes the necessity of environmental protection, expertise in environmental management, and determination to lead by example. We have implemented an environmental management system (EMS) at our Regional Office, Science & Technology Center, and other work locations as the mechanism for putting our policy into action.
In keeping with our commitment to inform the public of our regional environmental policy and performance, these pages are intended to provide a broad range of information related to our EMS, including what we have determined to be our interactions with the environment; the impacts resulting from those interactions; our goals for minimizing the negative consequences of those interactions; and the policies, plans, and procedures we have developed to achieve them. Updates on our progress towards achieving those goals, known as environmental performance indicators, and general information on the structure and function of an EMS can also be found here.
We would like to serve as an example to others and assist them in developing their own EMS by offering for their use any of the information on these Web pages.* If you have questions about the Region 7 EMS, please use the Contact Us link or send a direct message to John Begley.
* Note: In accordance with the Region 7 procedure for document control and records management, all documents printed or downloaded from this Website are considered to be unofficial working copies for personal use only.
Region 7 EMS Components
- Environmental Policy
- Terms and Definitions
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Significant Environmental Aspects
- Legal and Other Requirements
- Objectives, Targets, and Environmental Management Programs