Transmittal memorandum that provides an overview of how technical assistance plans (TAPs) have typically been implemented to date as well as guidance to Regions on negotiating a settlement provision for a TAP. The six attachments provide guidance on technical assistance plans (TAP) in Superfund settlements. Issued 9/3/2009.
The six attachments contained in this file include:
- model TAP language for administrative orders on consent (AOCs) for remedial investigation/feasibility studies (RI/FS) and consent decrees (CDs) for remedial design/remedial action (RD/RA) using Superfund Alternative Approach;
- sample language for TAP language in settlement statement of work (SOW);
- frequent questions about TAPs;
- sample application by community group for TAP;
- sample language for potentially responsible party (PRP) TAP; and
- sample directive by community group for specific tasks by technical advisors