Transmittal memorandum that provides an overview of how technical assistance plans (TAPs) have typically been implemented to date as well as guidance to Regions on negotiating a settlement provision for a TAP. The six attachments provide guidance on technical assistance plans (TAP) in Superfund settlements. Issued 9/3/2009.
The six attachments contained in this file include:
- model TAP language for administrative orders on consent (AOCs) for remedial investigation/feasibility studies (RI/FS) and consent decrees (CDs) for remedial design/remedial action (RD/RA) using Superfund Alternative Approach; **
- sample language for TAP language in settlement statement of work (SOW); **
- frequent questions about TAPs;
- sample application by community group for TAP;
- sample language for potentially responsible party (PRP) TAP; and
- sample directive by community group for specific tasks by technical advisors
** For TAP-related model and sample language, please refer to the current version of model and sample language contained in the above referenced model documents on the Agency’s Model Language and Sample Documents Database at https://cfpub.epa.gov/compliance/models/.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.