Other Regulators: Response to Environmental Compliance Violations at Federal Facilities
On this page
- Other Regulators' Responsibilities Under Delegated/Authorized Programs
- Other Regulators' Enforcement Actions
- EPA's Involvement in Other Regulators' Enforcement Actions
- The state or tribal government fails to take timely and appropriate action.
- The state or tribal government requests EPA to take the lead or participate in a joint action.
- Other limited circumstances are present, as outlined in the Revised Policy Framework for Implementing State/EPA Enforcement Agreements.
- The specific terms of a statute’s waiver of sovereign immunity, which are determined by:
- the extent a federal facility is subject to the state and tribal government requirements, procedures, and penalties
- whether a federal agency may be sued in court
- The extent of state and tribal authority provided by the delegated or authorized federal program or the state or tribal legislation that authorizes enforcement