Select Executive Orders on Environmental Compliance Requirements for Federal Facilities
On this page
Applicability of Pollution Control Standards
Technical Advice and Oversight
Pollution Control Plan
Compliance with Pollution Controls/Dispute Resolution
Federal Facilities Overseas
National Contingency Plan
General CERCLA Authorities
- Gather information necessary to carry out their functions under E.O. 12580 or CERCLA (Executive agencies have information gathering authority no matter whether they own/operate property)
- Issue information/access orders to gather necessary information and gain access (with concurrence from the U.S. Attorney General)
- Award response action contracts (RACs) and indemnify RAC contractors.
Response and Related Authorities/Enforcement
- Initiate studies and investigations of releases on or from a facility under the jurisdiction, custody, or control of the federal agency;
- Select remedial actions (at non-National Priorities List (NPL) federal facilities); and
- Conduct removal or remedial actions.
- Any release or threatened release in the coastal zone, Great Lakes waters, ports, and harbors, affecting natural resources under its trusteeship; or
- A vessel or facility subject to its custody, jurisdiction, or control.
- Natural resources under their trusteeship; or
- A vessel or facility in its custody, jurisdiction, or control.