Public Data for the Renewable Fuel Standard
- About Data
- RINs Generated
- Available RINs
- RIN Trades and Price
- RIN Use
- Small Refinery Exemptions
- Renewable Volume Obligations
About RFS Data
EPA has introduced a new "custom report" feature designed to give users better access to Renewable Fuel Standard program data. This feature allows you to create reports that display the information you select in the format you wish to see. The reports are interactive and dynamic, and change as you change your selections.
- RFS program data include:
- Aggregated monthly data on Renewable Identification Number (RIN) transactions
- Aggregated monthly data on renewable fuel volume production
- Weekly volume weighted average RIN prices (updated monthly)
- Weekly aggregated RIN transaction volumes (updated monthly)
- EPA began collecting data on July 1, 2010. Data going back to this date are available through this website
- Data are submitted by parties regulated under the RFS program, including: renewable fuel producers, importers, and exporters; gasoline and diesel refiners; and RIN owners.
- The data are collected from RIN transactions submitted in the EPA Moderated Transaction System (EMTS).
- The data in these reports may change due to reasons such as remedial actions or updated/resubmitted reports.
The custom report is easily accessible through any browser by using the Qlik Sense® platform.
- D-Code (D#) – The renewable fuel category for a particular fuel based on lifecycle analysis. For more information on how D-codes apply to RINs, see 40 CFR 80.1426.
- Equivalence Value (EV) – The number used to determine how many RINs are generated for each gallon of renewable fuel. For more information on how EVs are determined, see 40 CFR 80.1415.
- Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) – A voluntary program where independent third-parties may audit and verify that RINs have been properly generated and are valid for compliance purposes. RINs that have been verified by a QAP provider are referred to as Q-RINs.
- Assigned RIN – A RIN that is directly assigned with a batch of fuel and that travels with that batch of fuel from party to party. Purchasers obtain both the renewable fuel and RINs together.
- Separated RINs – A RIN that was formerly assigned with a batch of fuel, but is no longer required to be assigned to a batch.
Historical Monthly Data
- RIN Generation Data
- RIN Generation and Renewable Fuel Volume Production by Month
- RIN Generation and Renewable Fuel Volume Production by Fuel Type
- Available RINs to Date
- RIN Retirement Data
- RIN Separation Data