Buying Green for Federal Purchasers
The federal government is the single largest consumer in the United States, spending over $450 billion each year on a wide variety of products and services. The Environmentally Preferable Program (EPP) was designed to help federal agencies purchase greener products and use this spending power to support these efforts.
As federal purchasers, you have an opportunity to use that tremendous demand to drive increased availability for greener products and services globally by:
- Minimizing environmental impacts
- Supporting manufacturers that produce environmentally-preferable products and services
Getting started essentials
- Learn what makes a product or service "environmentally preferable."
- Identify federal green purchasing requirements by purchase category in the Green Procurement Compilation (GPC) Tool.
- See your agencies' green purchasing goals and progress in its Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan.
- Get up-to-speed with training courses.
- Learn from federal partners via Interagency Workgroups: