Buying Green for Federal Purchasers
The federal government is the single largest consumer in the United States, spending more than $550 billion each year on a variety of products and services. The Environmentally Preferable Program (EPP) was designed to help federal agencies purchase greener products and use this spending power to support these efforts.
As federal purchasers, you have an opportunity to use that tremendous demand to drive increased availability for greener products and services globally by:
- Minimizing environmental impacts
- Supporting manufacturers that produce environmentally-preferable products and services
Getting started essentials
- Learn what makes a product or service "environmentally preferable."
- Identify federal green purchasing requirements by purchase category in the Green Procurement Compilation (GPC) Tool.
- Guidance for utilizing a number of tools and resources during each phase of the procurement lifecycle.
- Read about Federal Sustainability Progress, Plans, and Performance.
- Get up-to-speed with training courses.
- Learn from federal partners via Interagency Workgroups: