Identifying Greener Fleets/Personal Vehicles
There are so many choices out there for new vehicles and fleet options. When looking to purchase new vehicles, reducing vehicle emissions and increasing your fuel economy helps the environment and your organization's wallet. Here are some ideas to consider.
Environmental Attributes to Consider
- Alternative Fuel Vehicles (AFV)
- Electric and Fuel Cell Vehicles
- Mild or Full Hybrid Vehicles
- Low emissions
- Reduce size of fleet, consider car sharing services, and think about your vehicle function and size requirements
How to Buy
- Find the cleanest, most fuel efficient vehicle that meets your needs. Search for a SmartWay Vehicle.
- Find out how your vehicle scores on GREENERCARS Ratings. EXIT
- Learn more about green vehicles.
- Start by reviewing the Clean Cities 2016 Vehicle Buyer's Guide. The guide provides a comprehensive list of the 2016 light-duty models that use alternative fuels or advanced fuel-saving technologies.
- Are you a part of the Federal government? Then check out GSA's Alternative Fuel Vehicles website.
- EPA also has Comprehensive Procurement Guidance (CPG) on Transportation Products.
Green Vehicle Guide
EPA's guide to choose the cleanest and most fuel-efficient vehicle that meets your needs.
Green Procurement Compilation
This site has information on purchasing Alternative Fuel Vehicles.
Department of Energy (DOE), Sustainable Federal Fleets
Resources to help fleets make green vehicle and fuel decisions.