Technical Data and Reports on Ozone Measurements and SIP Status
EPA collects data from the states and regions on their air quality and state implementation plan (SIP) progress. This information is compiled in a database, and used to create reports, trend charts, and maps.
SIP Status for Nonattainment and Infrastructure Requirements
Air Quality and Emissions Data
- Status and trends of key air pollutants - EPA tracks the levels of criteria air pollutants and how much of each pollutant is emitted from various pollution sources.
- Design values - A design value is a statistic that describes the air quality status of a given location relative to the level of the NAAQS.
- AirNow - Current air quality index.
- AirData - Historical air quality data.
- National Emissions Inventory Interactive Report - Explains how air emissions data are generated and used as well as provides tools that explore emission trends and source contributions to air pollution.
- Ozone Designations: This web site provides information on the process EPA, the states, and the tribes follow to designate areas as "attainment" (meeting) or "nonattainment" (not meeting) the ground-level ozone standards.
- Green Book: listings of areas designated nonattainment for each NAAQS pollutant. It includes current designation and classification status, area maps, reports, and Federal Register notices.