Downloading and Installing Estuary Data Mapper (EDM)
Estuary Data Mapper needs to be installed in your computer's Home directory. This page provides detailed instructions on how to do this for Windows and macOS systems.
Windows (XP and later versions)
- Right-click on the "EDM Windows" link and select the option to Save Link As.
- In the save dialog box, do the following:
- Rename the download file to EDM.zip.
- Navigate to your Windows home directory and click Save. On Windows 7 and above, the home directory is C:\Users\userid. Prior to Windows 7, the path may be C:\Documents and Settings\userid. The screenshot below shows a Windows 7 home directory ("C:\Users\mbrown06").
- Right-click on the zip file and select Extract All. Accept the suggested destination folder and click Extract.
- In a Windows Explorer file management window, locate the "EDM_Win32" subfolder in your home directory.
- Locate the EstuaryDataMapper.exe file. Double-click this file to run the Estuary Data Mapper application.
- Control-click on the "EDM_macOS" link and select the option to Save Link As.
- In the save dialog box, do two things:
- Eename the download file to "EDM.zip".
- Click on the Home icon in the sidebar to display your Home directory and click Save.
- Double-click on the zip file to extract its contents to a directory named "EDM."
- In the Applications\Utilities folder, locate the Terminal.app file. Double-click Terminal.app to open a Terminal window.
- In the Terminal window, enter the following commands to start EDM: