This booklet is designed to help a business determine if they are subject to requirements under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) for notifying EPA of their regulated waste activities. Also, these instructions will assist in obtaining an EPA Identification (ID) Number by completing and submitting the RCRA Subtitle C Site ID Form (EPA Form 8700-12) for initial notifications or in revising the form if required to submit a subsequent notification.
EPA consolidated all RCRA Subtitle C Reporting Instructions and Forms into one PDF. Below is an excerpt of the full document containing only the information pertinent to the RCRA Subtitle C Site Identification Form:
Notification of RCRA Subtitle C Activities (Site Identification Form)
- Determining if You Must Notify
- Filing a Notification of RCRA Subtitle C Activities Form
- Instructions for Filling out the RCRA Subtitle C Site Identification Form and Addendums
- Other References and Code Lists
- RCRA Subtitle C Site Identification Form
- Addendum to the Site Identification Form: Notification of Hazardous Secondary Materials (HSM) Activity
- Addendum to the Site Identification Form: LQG Consolidation of VSQGs Hazardous Wastes
- Addendum to the Site Identification Form: Episodic Generator
Applying for an ID Number Electronically: EPA has electronic reporting options available for the 8700-12/Site ID form in states that have opted in to using the electronic system. Please check with your state environmental agency to see if the electronic MyRCRAID system is available to you.
Site Identification Forms and Instructions Only (PDF)(93 pp, 1 MB)
Excerpt of the three RCRA forms and instructions