This training module:
- Identifies, based on tank contents and operation, tanks that are regulated under part 264/265, subpart J
- Defines specific terms pertaining to hazardous waste tanks, and provides accurate Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) or Federal Register citations
- Distinguishes "new tanks" from "existing tanks" and identifies how this status affects applicable regulations
- Discusses secondary containment requirements for liners, vaults, and double-walled tanks, as well as secondary containment for ancillary equipment
- Identifies which of the hazardous waste tank requirements were promulgated under the Hazardous and Solid Waste Amendments (HSWA) and non-HSWA authority and explains how each applies in authorized and unauthorized states.
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Training Module: Tanks (40 CFR Parts, 264/265, Subpart J) (PDF)(21 pp, 147 K, EPA-530-K-05-018)