An official website of the United States government.


If there are differences among EPA's, HUD's, and my State's lead-safe work and housing requirements, which ones do I have to comply with?

You must comply with all applicable requirements. The initial 8-hour renovator training course will teach you how to perform lead-safe work practices safely and effectively in compliance with the EPA Lead Renovation, Repair, and Painting (RRP) Rule and the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Lead Safe Housing Rule. The RRP Rule is not intended to supersede or preempt any more stringent State or local laws. 

Question Number: 23002-18597

Find a printable PDF copy of all frequent questions pertaining to lead.