Report Lead-Based Paint Complaints, Tips and Violations
EPA's Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Rule applies to work in housing and child-occupied facilities. Contractors subject to the RRP Rule must take each of the following actions to protect occupants from exposure to lead-based paint:
- Be certified by EPA to conduct RRP work
- Provide the Renovate Right brochure (PDF) to owners and tenants before beginning work
- Minimize exposure to dust and paint chips created during work
EPA's Lead-based Paint Disclosure Rule applies to sellers and landlords of pre-1978 homes. Sellers and landlords must provide the following information before a prospective buyer or tenant is obligated under a contract to purchase or rent the property:
- An EPA-approved information pamphlet on identifying and controlling lead-based paint hazards;
- A federal lead warning statement; and
- Information about lead-based paint identified at the property.
To report a possible violation of these requirements, please "click" on the area of the map below in which the suspected violation occurred, then on the form provided give as much information as possible.