Resources for Lead-based Paint Activities Training Providers
This page contains resources to aid in your understanding of EPA's Lead-based Paint Activities Program and provides tools to help accredited training providers comply with those requirements, including:
- Guides for training providers on using EPA’s CDX system
- EPA model abatement courses
- Legislation, regulations and policy
- Have a question?
The following user guides provide information for training providers on submitting applications for accreditation, amending an accreditation and providing required notifications through EPA’s Central Data Exchange (CDX):
- Create a New Training Provider Accreditation Application (pdf) – User guide that walks through the process of creating a new training program accreditation application
- Training Provider Notifications User Guide (pdf) – User guide that walks through the process for submitting training provider notifications
- Training Provider Preparer Role (pdf) – User guide that walks training providers through the following processes: adding a preparer to an existing training program (training provider), preparer CDX registration, making submissions as a preparer, reviewing preparer submissions, and deactivating preparer dashboards
- Training Provider Dashboard (pdf) – User guide providing an overview of the training program dashboard. Once accredited, a trainer uses this dashboard to provide notification, update trainer information and manage accreditations
EPA has developed a model training course for providing instruction to individuals seeking certification as a lead abatement worker.
- Abatement Worker - Model Initial Training - Initial course to train lead abatement workers how to safely conduct abatement activities in housing with lead-based paint and comply with EPA's lead-based paint abatement regulations.
The following are legislation, regulations and policy for EPA's Lead-based Paint Activities Program.
- 40 CFR Part 745 -- Lead-Based Paint Poisoning Prevention in Certain Residential Structures
- Information about quality control (QC) plans are described in 40 CFR § 745.225(c)(9)
- Identify the proportion of course test questions in a course test blueprint which should be devoted to each topic using:
- Read the Residential Lead-Based Paint Hazard Reduction Act of 1992 legislation that provides EPA authority for the Agency's lead-based paint training and certification programs.