Previous MOVES Versions and Documentation
Note: The most current version of MOVES is MOVES2014a. Please review the Federal Register Notice and Policy Guidance document on the MOVES2014a page for information on the appropriate use of older versions of MOVES.
Technical reports on MOVES2014 and MOVES2010 can be found on the MOVES Technical Reports page.
You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
MOVES2010a Software and Documentation
- MOVES2010a User Guide (PDF) (150 pp, 4.84MB, EPA-420-B-10-036, August 2010)
- MOVES2010a Q & A (PDF) (5 pp, 524k, EPA-420-F-10-050, August 2010)
- Input file converters and other modeling tools: Includes spreadsheet tools that help with the transition from MOBILE6.2 to MOVES.
- Download MOVES2010aInstallationSuite (ZIP)(1 pg, 557 MB, revised September 23, 2010) Includes everything needed to install MOVES2010a: installation instructions (readme.txt), executable file for the MOVES software, default database, and the User Guide.
MOVES2010 Software and Documentation
- MOVES2010 Mobile Source Emissions Model: Questions and Answers (PDF) (9 pp, 128K, EPA-420-F-09-073, December 2009) Describes the model and provides general information for model use.
- Download MOVES2010InstallationSuite (ZIP)(1 pg, 573 MB, revised March 2010) Includes everything needed to install MOVES2010: installation instructions (readme.txt), executable file for the MOVES software, default database, and the User Guide.
Instructions for downloading and extracting MOVES2010InstallationSuite.zip
Installation instructions are included in the MOVES2010InstallationSuite, as readme.txt
Software required by MOVES2010
Operating system: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 2003 server or 2008 server
Java 1.6.0_12 SDK (provided in Suite)
MySQL 5.1.32 or higher, (MySQL 5.1.32 is provided in Suite)
MySQL Query Browser (recommended and provided in Suite)
MySQL Connection ODBC 3.51 (optional and provided in Suite)