MOVES Versions in Limited Current Use
- are completing work already started with MOVES2014 or MOVES2014a,
- need to review documentation for these models.
- Important Note About MOVES Versions
- MOVES2014 Software and Documentation:
In general, states should use EPA’s latest model, MOVES2014b, for new SIP development or transportation conformity analyses outside of California to take advantage of the improvements that have been included in it.
Users should consult the Federal Register Notice of Availability for MOVES2014 and the Policy Guidance on the Use of MOVES2014 and Subsequent Minor Revisions (both available on the MOVES2014 latest version page) before doing any additional work with MOVES2014, MOVES2014a or any version of MOVES2010.
- See MOVES Technical Reports for the technical reports on MOVES2014 and MOVES2010.
- See Previous MOVES Versions and Documentation for MOVES2010 versions prior to MOVES2010b.
- MOVES2014 Questions and Answers (PDF) (5 pp, 175K, EPA-420-F-14-049, July 2014) highlights the differences between MOVES2014 and earlier versions of MOVES and explains EPA policy on using MOVES2014 in State Implementation Plans and Transportation Conformity Analyses.
- MOVES2014 Overview for Experienced MOVES Users (PDF) (6 pp, 121K, EPA-420-B-14-059, July 2014) Provides a brief overview of the major functional changes in MOVES2014.
- Announcement of MOVES2014 October Release (PDF) (8 pp, 116K, EPA-420-B-14-094 October 2014) Describes changes between the July and October 2014 releases of MOVES2014.
- MOVES2014a Questions and Answers (PDF)(6 pp, 527 K, EPA-420-F-15-046, November 2015)
- MOVES2014 Release Log provides a detailed history of updates to MOVES2014 and MOVES2014 installation packages.
- MOVES2014a User Guide (PDF)(266 pp, 11 M, EPA-420-B-15-095, November 2015) walks users through various MOVES examples, and provides an overview of menu items and options.
- MOVES2014a User Interface Reference Manual (PDF)(59 pp, 556 K, EPA-420-B-16-085, November 2016) provides details on using the MOVES interface, commands and menu options.
- MOVES2014a Software Design Reference Manual (PDF)(112 pp, 1 M, EPA-420-B-15-096, November 2015) provides background on configuring and installing MOVES and describes MOVES code structure.
- Download the December 2017 Update to MOVES2014a (EXE) (60 MB, revised April 2018) The December 2017 Update to MOVES2014a is the third update to MOVES2014a .
- After downloading the setup file, run MOVES2014a-Setup-20180423.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the MOVES2014a installation.
- MOVES2014 User Guide (PDF) (247 pp, 14.4MB, EPA-420-B-14-055, July 2014) Walks users through various MOVES examples and provides an overview of menu items and options.
- MOVES2014 User Interface Reference Manual (PDF) (51 pp, 436K, EPA-420-B-14-057, July 2014) Provides details on using the MOVES interface, commands and menu options.
- MOVES2014 Software Design Reference Manual (PDF) (89 pp, 1.1MB, EPA-420-B-14-056, December 2014) Provides background on configuring and installing MOVES and describes MOVES code structure.
- Tools for MOVES: Tools designed to help users develop inputs for MOVES2014 and post-process the output.
- Download MOVES2014 (EXE)(1 pg, 72 MB,
This application installs the October 2014 release of MOVES2014 with additional updates to configuration and postprocessing scripts. After downloading the setup file, run moves2014-cb6-setup.exe and follow the instructions to complete the MOVES2014 installation.
NOTE: This release includes May 2015 CB6 and CB05 chemical mechanisms that speciate inventory emissions for input into chemical transport air quality models. However, we have found errors in this function. Modelers who will be using MOVES results as input to chemical transport air quality models should consult with EPA or use MOVES2014a.