Emerging Viral Pathogen Claims for SARS-CoV-2: Submission Information for Registrants
Claims for already EPA-registered surface disinfectants that do not require review of new efficacy data can be submitted as non-PRIA fast-track amendments. Applications to add these claims are no longer being expedited.
To ensure the efficient processing of your submissions, please include the following in a cover letter to EPA:
- a subject line that clearly indicates "Emerging Viral Pathogen Claim for SARS-CoV-2”;
- a request to make emerging viral pathogen claims;
- a description of how the product meets the eligibility criteria for use against one or more categories of viral pathogens consistent with the guidance;
- the identification of the virus(es) from the product label that you are using to support the emerging viral pathogen claims and the study ID number (MRID) that supports the claim;
- an up-to-date matrix (Form 8570-35); and
- a request to add the Terms of Registration outlined in Attachment I of the Emerging Viral Pathogens Guidance.
Registrants should also submit a revised master label with a separate section for emerging viral pathogen claims that includes the generic claim statements identified in Attachment I of the Emerging Viral Pathogens guidance document.
Submit your application via the CDX portal.
If approved, your product will be added to the list during the next update.