Toolkit for Safe Chemical Management in K-12 Schools
- Removing inappropriate, outdated, unknown and unnecessary chemicals from schools;
- Preventing future chemical mismanagement issues in schools through training, curriculum and policy change, and long-term management solutions; and
- Raising awareness of chemical issues in schools and promoting sustainable solutions.
Documents in the Toolkit
- Building Successful Programs to Address Chemical Risks in Schools is an updated workbook that contains templates, tips, and techniques to help you create or improve your program for responsible chemical waste management in schools.
- Building Successful Programs to Address Chemical Risks in Schools: State, Tribal and Local School Chemical Cleanout Programs Matrix and Summaries summarizes successful programs to address chemical risks in schools.
- Chemical Management Resource Guide for School Administrators is a guide to help your school reduce the use of dangerous chemicals and install safer chemical management practices.
- CPSC, CDC and NIOSH School Chemistry Laboratory Safety Guide (PDF) (86 pp, 1.7 MB, About PDF) (CDC.gov) is a safety guide for high school science and chemistry laboratories. It provides practical safety information in a checklist format useful to both groups to reduce chemical injuries in a laboratory environment.
- Schools Chemical Cleanout Campaign: Industry Leaders Are Part of the Solution describes how industry can help reduce chemical risks in schools.