Sulfur Dioxide State Implementation Plan (SIP) Checklist Guide
Determine What Type of State Implementation Plan (SIP) is Required
- See development of specific elements for each of the major SIP types
Guidance for the SIP Development Process
SO2 implementation guidance documents for nonattainment SIP submissions, and area designations.
Data requirements Rule
- Required SO2 Emission Source Data: Data Requirements Rule (DRR)
- SO2 Data Requirements Rule Source List: states are required to submit a list of their SO2 emission sources, which EPA then compiles into a single list.
Public Input and Other CAA SIP Development Requirements
- Streamlining the SIP Process includes guidelines on planning and issuing public notices for each step of development, allowing for public comment.
Submit SIP to EPA for Approval
- Streamlining the SIP process
- Submitting SIP online
- Once the SIP meets completeness criteria, and is submitted to EPA, the state issues a state notification and allows for comment. Then after a final notice, implementation begins (adoption of SIP elements). Note: this begins before the SIP has been finally approved.