Beyond the Light Touch: Next Steps for Improving Energy Efficiency in Multi-Family Affordable Housing
This is the second webinar in a multi-part series highlighting efforts by state and local agencies, non-profits, and utilities to bring energy efficiency and renewable energy (EE/RE) to low-income communities. The first webinar in the series explored the benefits of linking and leveraging energy programs for low-income households.
This 90-minute webinar explored the specific challenges and opportunities faced by programs that aim to improve energy efficiency in multifamily affordable housing, with an emphasis on achieving multiple benefits through deeper retrofits.
- Welcome and Introduction (mp3) (MP3) (10:27, 2.51M), Victoria Ludwig, U.S. EPA
- Introduction to National Housing Trust (mp3) (MP3) (24:10, 6.1M), Todd Nedwick, Housing and Urban Development/Crystal Bergemann, Office of Community Planning and Development
- Creating One Stop Shop for Building Owners (mp3) (MP3) (23:30, 6.04M), Angelina Benson-Glanz and Peter Ludwig, Elevate Energy
- Designing Utility Programs in Maryland Audio (mp3) (MP3) (23:22, 5.57M), Bill Ariano and Scott Falvey, Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- Beyond the Light Touch: Next Steps for Improving Energy Efficiency in Multi-Family Affordable Housing QA Audio (mp3) (MP3) (6:52, 1.70M)
- Part 1: Welcome and Introduction (pdf)
- Part 2: Introduction to National Housing Trust (pdf)
- Part 3: Introduction to Housing and Urban Development (HUD) (pdf)
- Part 4: Creating One Stop Shop for Building Owners (pdf)
- Part 5: Designing Utility Programs to Coordinate Assistance (pdf)
- Participant Questions (pdf)
- Transcript (pdf)