Region 10 Tribal Programs
EPA's Region 10 office serves 271 federally recognized tribes in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.
- Regional Tribal Operations Committee (RTOC)
- Indian Environmental General Assistance Program (GAP)
- Other tribal funding
- Tribal consultation
- Tribal air resources
- Tribal solid waste resources
The RTOC is a partnership between EPA Region 10 and elected tribal representatives. Funding for the RTOC is provided under a grant/cooperative agreement from EPA Region 10.
Questions about RTOC? Contact J.R. Herbst (email@example.com), 206-553-2116.
Questions about GAP? Contact a Region 10 GAP Project Officer.
- Clean Air Act Tribal Program Funding in Region 10
- Clean Water Act Section 106 Funding in Region 10
- Clean Water Act Section 319 Funding in Region 10
- Learn about other grant programs for tribes
EPA consults on a government‐to‐government basis with federally recognized tribes.
- EPA Region 10 Tribal Consultation and Coordination Procedures (PDF)(24 pp, 505 K, About PDF).
- EPA's Policy on Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribes
Questions about consultation? Contact J.R. Herbst, Tribal Consultation Advisor, 206-553-2116.
- Tribal-EPA Region 10 Biennial Air Quality Meeting (October 17 – 18, 2017)
- Federal Air Rules for Reservations (FARR) in Idaho, Oregon, and Washington
- Alaska Tribal Air Toolkit
- Portable Air Monitoring Device Loan Program for Region 10 Tribes
- Video: Working Together to Address Asthma in Tribal Communities in the Northwest Exit (YouTube)
- Learn about other tribal air and climate resources
Questions about tribal air quality? Contact our Region 10 Tribal Air Team.
- Roadmap for Funding Sustainable Solid Waste Programs in Rural Alaska
- Solid Waste Program Budgeting for Alaska Tribal Communities
- Learn more about cleaning up, protecting, and preserving tribal lands