Region 10 Tribal Programs

EPA's Region 10 office serves 271 federally recognized tribes in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.

On this page:

Regional Tribal Operations Committee (RTOC)

The RTOC is a partnership between EPA Region 10 and elected tribal representatives. Funding for the RTOC is provided under a grant/cooperative agreement from EPA Region 10.

Questions about RTOC? Contact J.R. Herbst (, 206-553-2116.

Top of Page

Indian Environmental General Assistance Program (GAP)

GAP is guided by the Guidance on the Award and Management of General Assistance Agreements for Tribes and Intertribal Consortia.

Questions about GAP? Contact a Region 10 GAP Project Officer.

Top of Page

Other Tribal Funding

Top of Page

Tribal Consultation

EPA consults on a government‐to‐government basis with federally recognized tribes.

Questions about consultation? Contact J.R. Herbst, Tribal Consultation Advisor, 206-553-2116.

Top of Page

Tribal Air Resources

Questions about tribal air quality? Contact our Region 10 Tribal Air Team.

Top of Page

Tribal Solid Waste Resources

Top of Page