EPA Region 9 invites Indian Environmental General Assistance Program (GAP) grant proposals from federally recognized tribal governments and eligible intertribal consortia for FY2019 work plan program development activities. The goal of the GAP is to assist tribes in developing the capacity to plan and establish environmental protection programs and to develop and implement solid and hazardous waste programs in accordance with their individual needs.
GAP is guided by the Guidance on the Award and Management of General Assistance Agreements for Tribes and Inter-tribal Consortia.
For more information regarding the administration of GAP in Region 9, see the GAP Officers Contact List.
- Important Information
- Important Dates
- FY2019 EPA Region 9 GAP Notification with Attachments
- Co-sponsorship of the 27th and 28th Annual Tribal-EPA Conference
LATE OR INCOMPLETE PROPOSALS/APPLICATIONS: Late proposals and late applications may not be funded. Applicants whose proposals or applications were late in the 2017 grant application cycle, and are again late in the 2018 grant application cycle will not be funded.
REVISED! GAP Project Officer Contact List: Please note the updated Tribal Section GAP Project Officer Contact List (Attachment B).
IMPORTANT! An approved EPA/Tribal Environmental Plan is required to receive funding for Fiscal Year 2019. If a Tribe has not finalized an EPA/Tribal Environmental Plan (ETEP) by October 1, 2018, incremental funding may be awarded for work plan activities related to completing the ETEP only.
- Funding Announcement emailed to Environmental Directors: October 27, 2017
- Grant proposals from tribes must be submitted in GAP Online: December 1, 2017 *
- Grant proposals from intertribal consortia must be submitted in GAP Online: January 12, 2018
- Guidance Letters with approved funding amounts and work plan comments mailed to applicants beginning on: February 20, 2018
- Full Applications with Revised Work plans are due in Grants.gov on or after: March 27, 2018 **
(or as stated in the Region 9 Guidance Letter)
- Grant Awards will be made not later than: September 30, 2018
** Funding is jeopardized if materials are received after assigned due dates.
- User Guides for the Indian General Assistance Program (GAP) Online
- Guidance on the Award and Management of General Assistance Agreements for Tribes and Inter-tribal Consortia
Co-sponsorship of the 27th and 28th Annual Tribal-EPA Conference (PDF)(1 pg, 399 K,
U.S. EPA Region 9 General Assistance Program Funding Opportunity: Co-sponsorship of the 27th and 28th Annual Tribal-EPA Conference. Letters of Intent are due February 23, 2018
EPA Region 9 FY19 GAP Funding Announcement (PDF)(34 pp, 3 MB,
EPA Region 9 Indian Environmental General Assistance Program (GAP) Funding Announcement Covering the GAP Grant Cycle for 2018 - 2019 (FY19) WITH Tribal Section Project Officer List. Due December 1, 2017.