Underground Injection Control in EPA Region 8 (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, and WY)
EPA Region 8 serves Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, and 27 tribal nations.
- Announcements and Public Notice of Proposed Actions
- Regional Guidance Documents
- Underground Injection Control Reporting Forms for Owners or Operators
- Class V Program Documents
- Primary Enforcement Authority
- Tribal Programs
- Contact Information
EPA Region 8 solicits public comment on issuance of permit-related actions under the authority of the Safe Drinking Water Act and UIC Program regulations for a minimum of 30 calendar days on this website and publishes a courtesy announcement in one or more local newspapers.
All comments received by the end of the comment period will be considered in the formulation of any final decision. Notification and any details of a public comment period extension will be provided at the web links below and will not be published in local newspapers. Interested parties on our email list will be notified of any extension of the public comment period by email.
If you wish to be added to our email list, please notify the EPA staff listed for the proposed action. If no comments are received by the comment deadline, the Director intends to issue a Final UIC Permit, Permit Modification and/or Aquifer Exemption. EPA will hold a public hearing if the response to a specific action indicates significant public interest, or if requested.
For additional information on a specific action, please contact the EPA staff listed for that proposed action.
- Mechanical Integrity Test (MIT) Form
- Guidance No. 34: Cement Bond Logging Techniques and Interpretation
- Guidance No. 35: Procedures to Follow when Excess Annular Pressure is Observed
- Guidance No. 37: Demonstrating Part II Mechanical Integrity for a Class II Injection Well Permit
- Guidance No. 39: Pressure Testing Wells for Part I (Internal) Mechanical Integrity
- Guidance No. 40: Plugging and Abandonment Requirements for Class II Injection Wells
- Temperature Logging Guidelines
- Radioactive Tracer Survey Guidelines
- Step Rate Testing Guidelines
- UIC Inspector Training 2018
Underground Injection Control Reporting Forms for Owners or Operators
EPA Region 8 directly implements the UIC Program on 26 Indian Reservations. The Fort Peck Indian Reservation has been delegated primacy for Class II injection wells.
Fort Peck Program Manager Deb Madison (firstname.lastname@example.org), 406-768-2389
Questions about underground injection wells on Indian Reservations other than Fort Peck should be directed to EPA Region 8.
U.S. EPA Region 8 (8WP-SUI)
1595 Wynkoop Street
Denver, CO 80202-1129
Unit Chief for Permitting Douglas Minter (email@example.com), 303-312-6079
|Permitting Staff||Areas of Focus||Phone|
|Linda Bowling||Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR) Contact and Class II Contact for the Wind River Indian Reservation||
|Wendy Cheung||Class VI Geologic Sequestration Contact||
|Craig Boomgaard||Class II Permitting on Fort Berthold Indian Reservation||
|Valois Shea||Class III Well (solution mineral mining) Contact||
|Omar Sierra-Lopez||Class V Well Contact and Class II Permitting||
|Bruce Suchomel||Class II Permitting Lead for Uinta Basin||
|Chuck Tinsley||UIC Program Technical and Regulatory Expert||
SDWA Enforcement Unit Supervisor Tiffany Cantor (firstname.lastname@example.org), 303-312-6521
|Enforcement Staff||Areas of Focus||Phone|
|Gary Wang||Class I, II, III, and Class V Deep Wells (inspections, compliance and enforcement)||
|Britta Copt||Class V Shallow Wells (compliance and enforcement)||
|Nathan Wiser||Class I, II, III, and Class V Deep Wells (inspections, compliance, enforcement, tips and complaints)||
|Ben D'Innocenzo||Financial Responsibility Coordinator||
The following links exit the site Exit