Evaluation for SmartWay Verification of Idling Reduction Technologies (IRTs) for Trucks
Follow these steps for the evaluation part of the verification process:
1. Data analysis and interpretation.
EPA will review the submitted data, test reports, and other related materials to determine whether the technology performance is suitable for verification.
NOTE: This step is most critical and may take a few weeks to complete.
2. Notice of Verification.
If all data and supporting documentation are acceptable, EPA will issue an official Verification Letter. This letter is legally binding and serves as the main indicator of a technology’s verified status.
3. Device added to the Verified Devices List
Once the device is verified, EPA will add it to the SmartWay Verified Technologies List.
4. Changes in SmartWay Verified Devices.
Verified devices must be produced and installed as described to EPA.
- Must be documented and reported to EPA by emailing Tech_Center@epa.gov; and
- May require additional testing or a separate verification.
EPA SmartWay reserves the right to contact verified manufacturers at any time regarding their verified product(s). If contact cannot be made after four successive attempts over a three month period, the verified technology will be removed from the Verified List until the manufacturer contacts EPA and any issues have been addressed.
After your device is placed on the verified list, please keep your information up-to-date by emailing Tech_Center@epa.gov.
- Primary contact’s phone number, email, and address;
- Technology’s commercial availability; and
- Any additional testing.