The Clean Air Act (CAA) National Stack Testing Guidance:
- expands upon CAA Compliance Monitoring Strategy and the High Priority Violation Policy to fully address the concerns raised by the IG on this issue.
- improves uniformity on how stack tests are conducted for determining and demonstrating compliance with the NSPS (40 CFR Part 60), NESHAP (40 CFR Part 61), and MACT (40 CFR Part 63).
- improves coordination between EPA and state/local agencies.
- enhances EPA oversight of state/local programs to ensure that the tool of stack testing is being sufficiently and properly utilized.
- Clean Air Act National Stack Testing Guidance (PDF)(22 pp, 129 K, April 27, 2009 (supersedes the 2005 guidance))