Electronic Reporting for Pesticide Establishments
No more waiting! No more costly mailing fees! There’s another option. Submit establishment registration applications and pesticide establishment reports on or before March 1st electronically!
Announcements and updates will be posted to this page with helpful information regarding how to register for EPA’s Central Data Exchange system (CDX), how to add and use EPA’s Section Seven Tracking System (SSTS) e-filing system, and how to submit required pesticide reports for pesticide-producing and device-producing establishments.
How to Register for Electronic Reporting Using SSTS (Domestic Companies)
In this video you will learn how to register for EPA’s Central Data Exchange (CDX). The Central Data Exchange is a central point for submitting to EPA legally acceptable data in various formats, including electronically submitting pesticide establishment reports. Specifically, this video will guide viewers how to add and use EPA’s Section Seven Tracking System (SSTS) for pesticide establishments.
How to Register for Electronic Reporting Using SSTS (Foreign Companies)
In this video you will learn how to register for EPA’s Central Data Exchange (CDX) for international users. The Central Data Exchange is a central point for submitting to EPA legally acceptable data in various formats, including electronically submitting pesticide establishment reports. Specifically, this video will guide international viewers how to add and use EPA’s Section Seven Tracking System (SSTS) for foreign pesticide establishments.
- See How-to Guides and Instructional Videos for Electronic Reporting for Pesticide Establishments for more instructional videos.
Steps to Electronic Reporting
- 1. Obtain an EPA Company Number
Registrants who plan to “produce” pesticides or pest control devices must obtain an EPA Company Number first. If your company has an existing EPA Product Registration Number, then you have a Company Number and can proceed with applying for an Establishment Number or submitting annual reports in the following steps.
- 2. Register for Online Reporting
EPA’s Central Data Exchange (CDX) is one of the Agency's electronic reporting sites. The Central Data Exchange is a central point for submitting to EPA legally acceptable data in various formats, including consolidated and integrated data.
- Go to https://cdx.epa.gov to Register
- Click Register with CDX
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- Enter “SSTS” in the search box
- Click “SSTS: Section Seven Tracking System”
- Select your role (description of roles)
- Click “Request Role Access”
- Enter Company Number and Click “Next”
**If company address is incorrect you will be able to update the information on the next screen (for Primary Authorized Officials and Authorized Agent Only) **
- Confirm Company Information and Click “Next”
- Enter User Information (Enter primary e-mail address, this will be EPA’s primary means of contact with your establishment)
- A successful Registration will display a confirmation number (you should keep this number for your records)
- Check email and re-log in and complete Electronic Signature Agreement (ESA)
- Domestic: Users may submit LexisNexis Identity Verification and ESA electronically
- International: Users must choose to sign a Paper ESA and send it to the appropriate EPA Regional Coordinator where the Company headquarters is located. More information on foreign establishment registration.
- The Regional Pesticide Establishment Coordinator will review and activate your role and you may begin reporting (Contact your Regional Coordinator if you are not approved in 5 business days)
- Log back into CDX, click on the hyperlink “Primary Authorized Official” or “Agent” to access the reporting tool
See Guides and Tutorials: Registering for CDX for more detailed instructions on registering with CDX.
- 3. Register Each Pesticide and Device-Producing Establishment (EPA Form 3540-8) – A One Time Requirement
- Once you have registered your company in CDX all existing establishments should appear on your SSTS Home Screen
- Log into CDX (https://cdx.epa.gov), click on the hyperlink “Primary Authorized Official” or “Agent”
- Click “View Details” under Establishments Not Submitted to view your establishments
- If you need to add additional establishments to your company see Guides and Tutorials: Register New Establishments Electronically (EPA Form 3540-8).
- 4. Submit Initial and Annual Production Reports (EPA Form 3540-16)
If you are a new establishment you must submit an Initial Report: An initial report is due to EPA 30 days after the company is notified of their pesticide-producing or device-producing establishment number.
Annual Reports: Thereafter, each facility that produces pesticides or devices must submit a report to EPA annually, on or before March 1st (Eastern Standard Time)
On your initial electronic annual report you will be required to create a new Passphrase DO NOT FORGET YOUR PASSPHRASE! Passphrase is different than your password. Your Passphrase CANNOT be reset by anyone. You may use the same Passphrase each year. This will help maintain access to past reports.
To complete annual reporting see Guides and Tutorials: Submit Annual Production Reports Electronically (EPA Form 3540-16).
- 5. NOW YOU ARE READY TO SUBMIT REPORTS ELECTRONICALLY!
Make sure you have this information on hand:
- CDX Login information
- CDX Passphrase (DIFFERENT than password)
- Answers to CDX Cross-Media Electronic Reporting Regulation (CROMERR) questions
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved email list. Updates and Announcements from EPA will be sent from this email.