Optimizing Performance of Facultative Wastewater Lagoon Systems - Part 1
These webinars cover methods, techniques, and strategies operators can use to get more BOD5 reduction, better TSS removal, odor control, sludge reduction, nutrient removal, and how to get more years of dependable service out of their lagoon systems. The speaker discusses case studies of “how to” solutions to make lagoon operators more effective at their jobs. Attendees will learn how to fine-tune their systems using relatively simple process control methods to help return their system to compliance.
Date of Recording: February 19, 2020 (1-2:30 pm Eastern)
- Steve Harris is the President and Owner of H&S Environmental, Mesa, AZ. Beginning in February 1993 Steve has worked with wastewater operators across the United States and in many different parts of the world to identify and troubleshoot wastewater lagoon problems, optimize lagoon performance, and assist wastewater lagoon systems in removing sludge. H&S Environmental, LLC provides in-field and desk-top evaluations of lagoon system performance to get lagoon systems in compliance and functioning at optimum treatment efficiencies. “Our goal is to get the most out of the lagoon system the community or industry is currently using.”
Steve also provides C.E.U. training for operators in California, Missouri, Montana, Illinois, Idaho, Texas, Alaska, New Mexico, Indiana, Arizona, Washington, Kansas, Maine, North Dakota, Wyoming, Michigan, Tribal groups, the I.H.S., and many operator associations and private industries across the country. Steve has compiled years of the best operational experience and problem-solving techniques into a book he has written titled: Wastewater Lagoon Troubleshooting, an Operator’s Guide to Solving Problems and Optimizing Wastewater Lagoon Systems. (Available through USA BlueBook).
Steve is a frequent contributor of articles to wastewater trade publications and trains wastewater operators across the country in aerobic digester optimization as well as wastewater lagoon optimization, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Steve’s articles have appeared in Industrial Water World, Environmental Science and Engineering, Water and Wastewater Products, and Water Engineering Management, and Illinois Currents by the Illinois Association of Water Pollution Control Operators to name just a few.
- Wastewater Technology Fact Sheet: Facultative Lagoons (PDF)
- Wastewater Technology Fact Sheet: Aerated, Partial Mix Lagoons (PDF)
- Principles of Design and Operations of Wastewater Treatment Pond Systems for Plant Operators, Engineers, and Managers (See Appendix E for Troubleshooting)
- Wastewater Lagoon Basics Webinar (Rural Community Assistance Partnership)
- Wastewater Lagoon Troubleshooting Webinar (Rural Community Assistance Partnership)