Dioxin Databases, Methods and Tools
- Database of references from the 2009 Dioxin Re-Assessment Workshop (PDF) (38 pp, 711 K, About PDF)
- Dioxin Sources Inventory (2006 Final) | (2013 External Review Draft)
- Health & Environmental Research Online (HERO)
- Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS)
- National Dioxin Air Monitoring Network (NDAMN)
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) Database (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- National Human Adipose Tissue Survey (NHATS) Database
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) | TRI Dioxin and Dioxin-like Compounds
- EPA-wide Risk Assessment related Databases
- United Nations Environmental Programme (UN EP). Dioxin and Furan Inventories. National and Regional Emissions of PCDD/PCDF (1999 Final) Exit(116 pp, 538 K, About PDF)
- Method 23/23A (Air from stack gases -Rev 1, 1996) is for the determination of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDD's) and polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDF's) from stationary sources (in air only).
- Method 4425 (Soil/Sediment, Rev 0, Feb 2007) is an immunoassay procedure for screening extracts of Environmental Samples for Planar Organic Compounds (PAHs, PCBs, PCDDs/PCDFs) by a Reporter Gene on a Human Cell Line.
- Method 4430 (soil /sediment, Rev 0, Dec 2007) is an assay procedure for the screening of Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and furans (PCDD/Fs) in soil and sediment.
- Method 613 (water - 1984) (PDF)(21 pp, 192K, About PDF) covers the determination of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (2,3,7,8-TCDD) only in water by GC/MS screen.
- Method 1613B (Tetra- through Octa-Chlorinated Dioxins and Furans by Isotope Dilution HRGC/HRMS, Oct 1994, Revision B) (PDF)(89 pp, 499K, About PDF) is for determination of tetra- through octa-chlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (CDDs) and dibenzofurans (CDFs) in water, soil, sediment, sludge, tissue, and other sample matrices by high resolution gas chromatography/high resolution mass spectrometry (HRGC/HRMS).
- Method TO-9A (ambient air, Second Edition, 1999) (PDF)(94 pp, 854K, About PDF) provides procedures for the collection, preparation, and analysis of polychlorinated, polybrominated, and brominated/chlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and dibenzofurans in ambient air. The method uses a high volume air sampler equipped with a quartz-fiber filter and polyurethane foam (PUF) adsorbent for sampling 325 to 400 cubic meters of ambient air in a 24-hour sampling period, by high resolution gas chromatography/high resolution mass spectrometry (HRGC/HRMS). Concentrations as low as 0.2 pg/m3 can be accurately quantified.
- See related Compendium Method TO-4A Determination of Pesticides and Polychlorinated Biphenyls in Ambient Air Using High Volume Polyurethane
Foam (PUF) Sampling Followed by Gas Chromatographic/Multi-Detector Detection (GC/MD) (53 pp, 665 K, About PDF)
- Method 8280B (water, soil, other, Rev 2, Feb 2007) is appropriate for the detection and quantitative measurement of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (2,3,7,8-TCDD), 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzofuran (2,3,7,8-TCDF), and the 2,3,7,8-substituted penta-, hexa-, hepta-, and octachlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs) and dibenzofurans (PCDFs) (Figure 1) in water (at part-per-trillion concentrations),soil, fly ash, and chemical waste samples, including still bottom, fuel oil, and sludge matrices (at part-per-billion concentrations) by HR-GC/MS.
- Method 8290A (soil, sediment, fly ash, water, sludge (including paper pulp), still bottom, fuel oil, chemical reactor residue, fish tissue, or human adipose tissue, Rev 1, Feb 2007) (PDF) provides procedures for the detection and quantitative measurement of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (tetra- through octachlorinated homologues; PCDDs), and polychlorinated dibenzofurans (tetra- through octachlorinated homologues; PCDFs) in a variety of environmental matrices and at part-per-trillion (ppt) to part-per-quadrillion (ppq) concentrations by HR-GC/MS.
- Approved Drinking Water Analytical Methods, for measuring, disinfection and more. This complete list has the complete list of approved analytical methods and rules pertinent to drinking water testing.