Chlorine and Chlorinated Hydrocarbon Manufacturing Industry
develop a profile of this industrial sector
verify and evaluate pollutant discharges that were identified in the 2004 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan
explore opportunities for additional pollutant reductions
- Organic Chemicals, Plastics, and Synthetic Fibers Category (40 CFR Part 414)
- Pesticide Chemicals Category (40 CFR Part 455)
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Category (40 CFR Part 439)
- The Inorganic Chemicals Manufacturing Category (40 CFR Part 415) covers the manufacture of chlorine via the chlor-alkali manufacturing process.
- Chlorine production as a by-product of other manufacturing processes, such as magnesium production, were also considered in the CCH rulemaking, although they are not included in Part 415.
For additional information regarding the CCH industry, please contact Samantha Lewis (email@example.com) or 202-566-1058.