Multi-Site Environmental Management System at ORD Laboratories
A multi-site environmental management system (EMS) may be used when an organization has multiple facilities or operating units. The key attribute for a multi-site organization EMS is that the environmental aspects of all the activities, products and services of all the units are managed as part of a single EMS.
Environmental Policy for the ORD Laboratories
- Ensure compliance by meeting applicable environmental requirements while conducting research activities;
- Strive to continuously improve environmental performance;
- Incorporate source reduction and pollution prevention into our research activities;
- Consider environmental impacts in purchasing, planning, constructing, and operating our facilities;
- Establish, track, and review specific environmental objectives and targets;
- Share information about our EMS with interested parties (both internal and external) and develop effective partnerships; and
- Strive to continually improve our collective environmental performance.