Environmental Economics Reports
EPA economists generate many reports and publications to both further the science of environmental economics and support specific Agency priorities.
Select EPA Reports on Environmental Economics
- America's Children and the Environment: Measures of Contaminants, Body Burden and Illnesses (2013)
- The Benefits and Costs of the Clean Air Act, 1970 to 1990 (1997)
- The Benefits and Costs of the Clean Air Act 1990-2020, the Second Prospective Study (2011)
- Environmental Economics Research Strategy (2005)
- Guidelines for Preparing Economic Analyses (2010, Chapter 10 update 2014)
- Handbook on the Benefits, Costs, and Impacts of Land Cleanup and Reuse (2011)
- Handbook on Valuing Children's Health (2001)
- Pollution Abatement Costs and Expenditures: 2005 Survey (2008)
- Retrospective Study of the Costs of EPA Regulations: A Report of Four Case Studies (2014)
- The United States Experience with Economic Incentives for Protecting the Environment (2001)
Databases with Other Reports
- NCEE Economic Reports - This database contains documents authored by staff in EPA's National Center for Environmental Economics (NCEE) or prepared under a contract, grant, or cooperative agreement that was overseen by NCEE (or its predecessors). Many of the older documents are not 508 compliant. Please contact NCEE if you need them in another format.
- Regulatory Economic Analyses - This database has moved to the EPA library in Washington, D.C. It contains over 4,500 regulatory economic analyses prepared by EPA, including Cost-Benefit Analyses, Economic Impact Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Justice Assessments, and others.
- Grant-Funded Research in Environmental Economics - This page lists reports developed under environmental economics-related grants made by EPA's Office of Research and Development, NCEE and their partners since 1990.