More information related to the Advancing Sustainable Materials Management (SMM): Facts and Figures Report is available online. Below you will find our historic summary data tables, as well as related scoping studies and research memos.
Please note that key municipal solid waste facts and figures tables are available for downloading and manipulation.
Related Scoping Studies and Research Memos
The scoping studies and research memos below, are used to advance the methods for measuring impacts within SMM. They address ways to measure municipal solid waste and construction and demolition debris in a more comprehensive manner. The information helps to develop key measurement methods that can be used to expand, improve, and enhance the Advancing SMM report series.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Food Waste Management in the United States, 2014 (PDF)(18 pp, 460 K, December 2016)
- Construction and Demolition Debris Generation in the United States, 2014 (PDF)(23 pp, 644 K, December 2016)
- Electronic Products Generation and Recycling in the United States, 2013 and 2014 (PDF)(14 pp, 384 K, December 2016)
- Electronic Products Generation and Recycling Methodology Review (PDF)(39 pp, 764 K, December 2016)
- Postconsumer Food Diverted Through Donation, Animal Feed, Anaerobic Digestion and Composting for 2013.pdf (PDF)(22 pp, 558 K, April 2015)
- Bio-based Products and Chemicals Waste-to-Energy Scoping Analysis (PDF)(14 pp, 631 K, April 2015)
- Historic Tipping Fees and Commodity Values (PDF)(5 pp, 222 K, February 2015)
- Commodity Export Market Indicators Scoping Analysis (PDF)(11 pp, 944 K, February 2015)
- Food Waste Management Scoping Study (PDF)(9 pp, 160 K, April 2014)
- Additional Data Regarding Measurement of Food Waste (PDF)(7 pp, 87 K, April 2014)
- Methodology Update: Scoping Analysis Regarding Current and Industrial Reports (PDF)(6 pp, 192 K, April 2014)
- Time Lag and Composition of Durable Goods Methodology (PDF)(9 pp, 100 K, April 2014)
- Estimating National Source Reduction in the United States (PDF)(6 pp, 265 K, February 2014)
- Additional Economic Indicators for Municipal Solid Waste (PDF)(15 pp, 403 K, January 2014)
- Municipal Solid Waste Economic Indicators Memorandum (PDF)(17 pp, 363 K, December 2013)
- Break out Investigation: Municipal Solid Waste in Residential and Commercial Sectors (PDF)(11 pp, 293 K, July 2013)
- Food Waste Loss and Donation (PDF)(19 pp, 1 MB, May 2013)
- Industrial Food Waste Scoping Study for Five Sectors (PDF)(11 pp, 286 K, December 2012)
- Scoping Memorandum on Building Reuse Centers (PDF)(21 pp, 133 K, October 2012)
- Scoping Study of Construction and Demolition Debris Methodology (PDF)(15 pp, 219 K, October 2012)