Specific EPA Grant Programs
The Office of Grants and Debarment establishes and provides national assistance agreement policies, guidance, and training; oversees the Agency's assistance agreement competition policies and practices; provides compliance support; administers assistance agreements; and manages the Agency’s Suspension and Debarment program.
EPA grant programs and other funding opportunities
- Multipurpose Grants to States and Tribes: This grant program provides funding to states, tribes, and territories for high priority activities that complement programs under established environmental statutes.
- Fellowships and other student programs: Grants, fellowships, and research associateships
- Air Grants and Funding: includes competitive grant funding announcements for projects and programs relating to air quality, transportation, climate change, indoor air and other related topics.
- Brownfields Grants and Funding: existing facilities where redevelopment is complicated by real or perceived contamination.
- Environmental Education Grants: projects to help the public make informed decisions that affect environmental quality.
- Environmental Information Exchange Network Grant Program: provides funding to develop an Internet-based, secure network that supports the electronic collection, exchange, and integration of high-quality data.
- Environmental Justice: provides financial assistance to support community-based organizations to collaborate and partner with other stakeholders (e.g., industry, government, academia, etc.) to develop and implement solutions that will significantly address environmental and/or public health issue(s) at the local level.
- Great Lakes Funding: includes competitive grant funding for planning, research, monitoring, outreach and implementation projects in furtherance of the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative and the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement.
- National Clean Diesel Campaign Grants and Funding: building diesel engine emission reduction programs across the country to improve air quality and protect public health.
- People, Prosperity and the Planet: college students address challenges from a wide range of categories: agriculture, built environment, materials and chemicals, energy, and water. These can be challenges found in the developed or developing world and the solutions will move us towards a sustainable future.
- Pollution Prevention Grant Program: provides matching funds to state and tribal programs to support pollution prevention and to develop State-based programs.
- Research Funding Opportunities: upcoming funding opportunities from NCER and the EPA STAR program
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR): competitively funds environmental technology research at small businesses.
- Office of Land and Emergency Management (OLEM) Grants and Funding: includes competitive grant funding announcements for projects and programs relating to Brownfields, Federal Facilities Restoration and Reuse, Solid Waste management, resource conservation and recovery, Underground Storage Tanks and other related topics.