This page has three kinds of files:
- Individual Activity Cycles and Charts – Data collected in the field.
- Process Notes for the Proposed Transient PM (Particulate Matter) Test Cycle - Files addressing various processes designed to convert engine operating data to consistent torque and time measurements. The Cycle is comprised of elements of the individual nonregulatory duty cycles from the following nonroad equipment:
- agricultural tractor
- backhoe loader
- crawler dozer
- arc welder
- skid-steer loader
- rubber-tire loader
- EPA’s proposed draft Nonroad Transient PM Duty Cycle - steps in its development are shown in the Excel workbook in its section at the bottom of the page.
Engine Speed and Torque vs Time (Normalized 0 = idle; 100 = rated/governed central speed/torque)
- Maximum Speed Data Point Norm/Denorm Procedure Note (TXT)(5 K)
- Max. Speed Raw Data Point Normalization Spreadsheet (Excel)(3 MB)
- Max. Speed Cycle Data Point Denormalization Spreadsheet (Excel)(3 MB)
- Technical Note Discussing One Form of Control Strategy (TXT)(6 K)
The Excel workbook listed below shows iterations of the duty cycle in the development of the proposed draft of the Nonroad Transient PM Duty Cycle.
Excel 5.0 Workbook (Excel)(2 MB) | | Excel 5.0 Workbook in PDF format, please see the bottom of this page.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Excel 5.0 Workbook (PDF)(352 pp, 782 K, August 1999)