The EPA uses the Atmospheric and Health Effects Framework Model (AHEF) to estimate ultraviolet (UV)-induced health effects that may result from stratospheric ozone depletion.
- estimate the change in health effects resulting from various ODS policy scenarios,
- perform sensitivity analyses,
- compare and evaluate results generated by similar models, and
- examine the public health and atmospheric impacts of:
- methyl bromide use,
- National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS), and
- halon decommissioning strategies.