RAGS Part C is one of a three-part series: Part A addresses the baseline risk assessment; and Part B addresses the development of risk-based preliminary remediation goals. RAGS Part C provides guidance on the human health risk evaluations of remedial alternatives that are conducted during the feasibility study, during selection and documentation of a remedy, and during and after remedy implementation. Part C provides general guidance to assist in site-specific risk evaluations and to maintain flexibility in the analysis and decision-making process. This guidance does not discuss the evaluation of ecological effects that takes place during remedy selection and implementation, nor does it discuss the risk management decisions that are necessary at a Superfund site (e.g., selection of final remediation goals).
The potential users of Part C are persons involved in the remedy selection and implementation process, including risk assessors, risk assessment reviewers, remedial project managers, and other decision-makers.
RAGS Part C Guidance DocumentsYou may need a PDF reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Table of Contents/Preface (PDF)(12 pp, 1 MB)
- Chapter 1: Introduction (PDF)(10 pp, 1 MB)
- Chapter 2: Risk Evaluation during the Feasibility Study (PDF)(14 pp, 2 MB)
- Chapter 3: Risk Evaluation after the Feasibility Study (PDF)(4 pp, 537 K)
- References: (PDF)(2 pp, 207 K)
- Appendix A: Selected Remediation Technologies and Associated Potential Releases (PDF)(12 pp, 1 MB)
- Appendix B: Quantifying Potential Releases from Selected Remediation Technologies (PDF)(6 pp, 643 K)
- Appendix C: Short Term Toxicity Values (PDF)(8 pp, 1 MB)
- Appendix D: Radiation Remediation Technologies (PDF)(9 pp, 946 K)