SepticSmart Week 2016
Each year, EPA holds SepticSmart Week with outreach activities to encourage homeowners and communities to care for and maintain their septic systems.
During SepticSmart Week, EPA seeks to inform homeowners on proper septic system care and maintenance, assist local agencies in promoting homeowner education and awareness, and educate local decision makers about infrastructure options to improve and sustain their communities.
Join the effort to raise awareness by:
- Hosting an event or training
- Sharing SepticSmart materials
- Scheduling service for your system
- Declaring a SepticSmart proclamation
- Getting your local and state decision makers involved
- Participating in the conversation on social media #SepticSmartWeek
SepticSmart Week Proclamations - Check out the states and leaders who have declared SepticSmart Week 2016 in their communities:
- Governor Walker, State of Alaska
- Governor Markell, State of Delaware
- Governor Otter, State of Idaho
- President Norkus, Town Council, Beverly Shores, Indiana
- President DeLaney, Town Council, Chesterton, Indiana
- Executive Director Vicari, Storm Water Management District Board, Gary, Indiana
- Chairperson Ton, Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission
- Town Council, Ogden Dunes, Indiana
- Board of Commissioners, Porter County, Indiana
- Governor Dayton, State of Minnesota
- Chair Hancock, Board of Commissioners, Dona Ana County, New Mexico
- Governor Brown, State of Oregon
- Governor Wolf, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Governor Shumlin, State of Vermont
- Governor Inslee, State of Washington
SepticSmart Week SAVE THE DATE flyer - Download, print, and share your flyer to let everyone know that you are participating in SepticSmart Week 2016.
Visit our Outreach Toolkit for more SepticSmart materials targeted to homeowners. All materials are free for download and contain print recommendations.
If you participate in SepticSmart Week 2016, tell us about it. Send an email describing your participation, training, event, or other activity, including photos to: email@example.com