Each year, EPA holds SepticSmart Week with outreach activities to encourage homeowners and communities to care for and maintain their septic systems.
During SepticSmart Week, EPA seeks to inform homeowners on proper septic system care and maintenance, assist local agencies in promoting homeowner education and awareness, and educate local decision makers about infrastructure options to improve and sustain their communities.
SepticSmart Week 2019
September 16-20, 2019
This annual event focuses on educating homeowners and communities on the proper care and maintenance of their septic systems.
- Visit our Outreach Toolkit for more SepticSmart materials targeted to homeowners. All materials are free for download and contain print recommendations.
How State and Local Governments Promote and Proclaim SepticSmart Week
- Kevin O'Donovan, MDB, Inc.
- Zach Lowenstein, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Wastewater Managment
- Jeremy Simmons, Washington Department of Health
- Gene McCabe, Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation
Susan Mihalo, Town of Ogden Dunes, Indiana