Environmental Financial Advisory Board (EFAB)
The Environmental Financial Advisory Board (EFAB) provides ideas and advice to EPA's Administrator and program offices on ways to lower the costs of and increase investments in environmental and public health protection.
- Lowering the cost of environmental protection;
- Removing financial and programmatic barriers that raise costs;
- Increasing public and private contribution in environmental facilities and services; and
- Building state and local financial ability to meet environmental laws.
- officials from state and local governments;
- leaders from the finance community and other business industries;
- selected federal employees; and
- members of environmental, tribal and non-governmental organizations.
- EFAB Public Meetings
- EFAB Stormwater Finance Workgroup
- EFAB Charter and Guidance
- EFAB Activity Summaries, Publications, and Reports
Upcoming October 2020 Virtual Meeting
A virtual public meeting of EFAB will be held October 14-15, 2020.
The purpose of the meeting will be for EFAB to provide advice on how EPA can encourage private investment in Opportunity Zones, receive a briefing on EPA’s response to recent EFAB reports, receive updates on EPA activities relating to environmental finance, and consider possible future advisory topics.
- October 14, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern and
- October 15, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern
Both days will be held virtually via webcast. Attendees can also join by telephone.
- Registration: Register to attend the virtual meetingExit
- Public Comment:
- Oral Statements: In general, individuals or groups requesting an oral presentation at a virtual EFAB public meeting will be limited to three minutes. Persons interested in providing oral statements at the October 14-15, 2020 meeting should register and provide notification as noted in the registration confirmation by October 13, 2020 to be placed on the list of registered speakers.
- Written Statements: Written statements for the October 14-15, 2020 meeting should be received by October 7, 2020 so that the information can be made available to the EFAB for its consideration prior to the meeting. Written statements should be sent via email to the EFAB email box (firstname.lastname@example.org). Members of the public should be aware that their personal contact information, if included in any written comments, may be posted to the EFAB website. Copyrighted material will not be posted without explicit permission of the copyright holder.
- For access or services for individuals with disabilities, or for accommodations for a disability, please register for the meeting and list any special requirements or accommodations needed on the registration form at least 10 business days prior to the meeting to allow as much time as possible to process your request.
- View the Federal Register Notice
- List of EFAB Members
Past EFAB Meetings
EFAB accepted the charge to form a stormwater finance workgroup, meeting the Agency’s requirements for the task force under the America’s Water Infrastructure Act (AWIA). As part of this stormwater finance workgroup, the Agency accepted nominations until April 19, 2019, for expert consultants to advise the workgroup. Appointments were made by EFAB's Designated Federal Officer and were announced in June 2019.
EFAB members that make up this task force are: Lori Beary, Ted Chapman, Rudy Chow, Lisa Daniel, Yvette Downs, Ted Henifin, Craig Holland, Pam Lemoine, Chris Meister, Eric Rothstein, Angie Sanchez, Bill Stannard, and Joanne Throwe.
The expert consultants supporting this workgroup are: Bethany Bezak, Jerry Bradshaw, David Bulova, Janet Clements, Carrie Evenson, Matthew Fabry, Carol Haddock, Laurie Hawks, Lisa Kay, Drew Kleis, Prabha Kumar, Rebecca Losli, John Lundell, Ewelina Mutkowska, Fernando Pasquel, Mike Personett, Andrew Reese, Carrie Sanneman, Elizabeth Treadway, and Chuck Walter.
For more information, contact Ellen Tarquinio (email@example.com).
EFAB Stormwater Finance Workgroup Report to EPA
On March 30, 2020, EFAB submitted its report, “Evaluating Stormwater Infrastructure Funding and Financing”, to the Agency. This report was developed in response to Section 4101 of the AWIA.
EFAB Stormwater Finance Workgroup Public Teleconferences
EFAB held two public teleconferences in December 2019 of the EFAB Stormwater Infrastructure Finance Taskforce to continue development of a workgroup report on the availability of public and private sources of funding for the construction, rehabilitation, and operation and maintenance of stormwater infrastructure.
- EFAB Advisory Reports
- EFAB Strategic Action Agendas
- Center for Environmental Finance (CEF) Reports and Publications (2005-2015)