Environmental Financial Advisory Board (EFAB)
The Environmental Financial Advisory Board (EFAB) provides ideas and advice to EPA's Administrator and program offices on ways to lower the costs of and increase investments in environmental and public health protection.
- Lowering the cost of environmental protection;
- Removing financial and programmatic barriers that raise costs;
- Increasing public and private contribution in environmental facilities and services; and
- Building state and local financial ability to meet environmental laws.
- officials from state and local governments;
- leaders from the finance community and other business industries;
- selected federal employees; and
- members of environmental, tribal and non-governmental organizations.
- EFAB Public Meetings
- EFAB Stormwater Finance Workgroup
- EFAB Charter and Guidance
- EFAB Activities and Publications and Reports
- EFAB held a public meeting February 11-13, 2020, to consider a report by the EFAB Stormwater Infrastructure Finance Task Force Workgroup, to conduct a consultation with EPA on financing options for the Backhaul Alaska program, to receive briefings on other environmental financing topics, and to consider possible future projects.
- Meeting Materials:
- Agenda (as of 2/7/2020)
- Federal Register Notice (PDF) (2 pp, 268 K, About PDF)
- EFAB February 2020 Meeting Minutes
- Presentation Slides: EFAB Webinar on Backhaul Alaska
Other Past Meetings
EFAB accepted the charge to form a stormwater finance workgroup, meeting the Agency’s requirements for the task force under the America’s Water Infrastructure Act (AWIA). As part of this stormwater finance workgroup, the Agency accepted nominations until April 19, 2019, for expert consultants to advise the workgroup. Appointments were made by EFAB's Designated Federal Officer and were announced in June 2019.
EFAB members that make up this task force are: Lori Beary, Ted Chapman, Rudy Chow, Lisa Daniel, Yvette Downs, Ted Henifin, Craig Holland, Pam Lemoine, Chris Meister, Eric Rothstein, Angie Sanchez, Bill Stannard, and Joanne Throwe.
The expert consultants supporting this workgroup are: Bethany Bezak, Jerry Bradshaw, David Bulova, Janet Clements, Carrie Evenson, Matthew Fabry, Carol Haddock, Laurie Hawks, Lisa Kay, Drew Kleis, Prabha Kumar, Rebecca Losli, John Lundell, Ewelina Mutkowska, Fernando Pasquel, Mike Personett, Andrew Reese, Carrie Sanneman, Elizabeth Treadway, and Chuck Walter.
For more information, contact Ellen Tarquinio (firstname.lastname@example.org).
EFAB Stormwater Finance Workgroup Report to EPA
On March 30, 2020, EFAB submitted its report, “Evaluating Stormwater Infrastructure Funding and Financing”, to the Agency. This report was developed in response to Section 4101 of the AWIA.
EFAB Stormwater Finance Workgroup Public Teleconferences
EFAB held two public teleconferences in December 2019 of the EFAB Stormwater Infrastructure Finance Taskforce to continue development of a workgroup report on the availability of public and private sources of funding for the construction, rehabilitation, and operation and maintenance of stormwater infrastructure.
- EFAB FY 2016-2017 Strategic Action Agenda (PDF) (4 pp, 122 K, About PDF)
- EFAB Publications and Reports