Current Supply Chain Disruptions
Click on the link(s) below to learn about the status of disruptions and any actions that have been taken to mitigate their impact to the water and wastewater systems sector. Note that, in these updates, the term ‘manufacturer’ refers to an entity that produces a final product. The term ‘supplier’ includes both distributors and repackagers and refers to entities that sell a product directly to a water and/or wastewater system.
Disruptions Resulting in Force Majeure Notices
- Chlorine Products (Last updated on 6/16/2022)
- Date that notice was issued: April 20, 2022
- Chemicals impacted: Chlorine gas, liquid sodium hypochlorite (bleach)
- U.S. state(s) from which issues have been reported: No ongoing issues have been reported.
- Sodium Hydroxide (Last updated on 6/16/2022)
- Date that notice was issued: June 14, 2022
- Chemicals impacted: Sodium hydroxide
- U.S. state(s) from which issues have been reported: No ongoing issues have been reported
Supply Chains Vulnerable to Periods of Reduced Product Allocation and/or Price Increases
- Railroad Transportation Update (Last updated on 9/20/2022)
- West Coast Port Worker Union Negotiations (Last updated on 8/30/2022)
- Chlorine Products: Reduced Product Allocation and Price Increases (Last updated on 5/18/2022)