Southeast Treatment Plant Improvements Project
The Southeast Treatment Plant Improvements Project will replace the two outdated existing headworks treatment facilities at the Southeast Plant with a single centralized preliminary treatment facility. The centralized preliminary treatment system will improve screening and grit removal, maintain regulatory compliance, protect public health and safety, meet current seismic standards, provide advanced odor control, and maximize water reuse.
- Minimizes odors using advanced odor control equipment.
- Meets current seismic standards to better protect the facilities from earthquakes.
- Improves operational reliability and flexibility.
- Increases efficiency of treatment processes and protects downstream equipment.
- Saves the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission an estimated $226 million from financing with a WIFIA loan compared to a bond issuance.